| Ingredients |
70ml + 1tbsp coconut oil
250 grams of plain flour
30 grams of cocoa
1tsp baking powder
200 grams of caster sugar
25ml + 10ml soy milk + more if needed
1 large ripe banana or 2 small ones
2 or 3 heaped tablespoons of vegan caramel sauce (I use Nature’s Charm brand: )
| Method |
1. Melt the tablespoon of oil and brush it in your pan, then line the pan with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, sieve the flour and cocoa, then add the baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix it all together.
3. In a separate bowl, melt the rest of the oil then add 25ml soy milk and whisk it together,
4. Add the oil and milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix it all together. Add more milk if the mixture looks very dry.
5. In a separate bowl, mash the banana. Add this to the rest of the ingredients and mix some more.
6. Mix the caramel, 10ml of soy milk and salt to taste in a separate bowl.
7. Pour the chocolate mixture into your pan, then swirl the caramel onto the top.
8. Bake in an oven at 180°C (about 350°F) for around 30 minutes, or until a skewer stuck into the middle comes out clean of chocolate (the caramel will still be liquidy).
9. Let it cool, then slice into chunks and enjoy!