Hi friends! It’s been a while, I know. 🙈 I wasn’t feeling my absolute best; so, I decided to take some time off from social media to rest as well as to recharge.
And guess what? I am back! Serving you a brand new recipe. This one is for all you pizza lovers out there. I did this for me…and for you, too. 😁
Vegan Pizza Spring Rolls 🍕 🌱
• 200 g (each) tomatoes, capsicums, onions, and mushrooms
• 1 tbs avocado oil
• 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
• 2 tsp pizza spice blend*
• 1 tbs chopped garlic
• 1/2 cup raw cashew, soaked
• 1 cup plant milk
• 1 tsp miso paste
• 1 tsp Himalayan salt
• 1/8 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
• 4 tbs glutinous rice flour (or tapioca flour)
• a handful of fresh basil leaves
• 8 vegan spring roll wrappers
• tomato purée 🇬🇧 (tomato paste in 🇺🇸)
1. Preheat the oven at 400.
2. Prepare the filling by adding oil to a nonstick pan, followed by the rest of the ingredients in [filling] except for garlic.
3. Sauté vegetables on medium heat for about 12-15 minutes until the liquid has evaporated. Turn off the heat and add garlic.
4. While letting the filling cool off, make your vegan cheese by throwing the ingredients in [vegan cheese] in a blender and blend for a few minutes.
5. Pour the mixture into a nonstick pan and simmer on low heat while stirring vigorously for about 15 minutes. Once the mixture turns into a dough-like paste and begins to pull away from the pan, turn off the heat.
6. Assemble your spring rolls as shown in the video.
7. Freeze the spring rolls for about an hour.
8. Fry in hot oil or (lightly brush with coconut oil and) bake at 400 for about 20 minutes (flip half way).
9. Serve with marinara sauce.