• 2 Cups Flour (we used half All Purpose, half Whole Wheat)
• 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
• 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
• 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
• 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
• 1/4 Teaspoon Allspice
• 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
• 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cardamom (Optional)
• 1 Cup Brown Sugar
• 1/4 Cup Vegan Butter
• 1/4 Cup Molasses (we used Blackstrap)
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 3 Tablespoons Non Dairy Milk
• 1-2 Tablespoons Raw Sugar – for pressing onto cookies (Optional)
1. Mix dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and brown sugar with a hand mixer until soft.
3. Mix in remaining wet ingredients and dry ingredients, adding milk as needed. The mixture should be crumbly and seem too dry, but hold its shape when pressed (We finished the mixing process with our hands to get the job done).
4. Press and roll the mixture into balls (about 1 TBS in size), then press one side of each cookie into the raw sugar before placing on a parchment lined pan. Press a fork into the top of each cookie (this helps the cookies ‘crack open’ on the tops).
5. Bake for 10-11 minutes at 350 F for chewy cookies, 12-13 minutes for more crunch (we like them on the softer side at 11 minutes).
6. Remove from oven and let cool completely.