EXPAND THE BOX – – – Learn the secret of how to make a delicious strawberry & chocolate vertical layer cake. Relax & watch this soothing cake decorating ASMR video, with no music or talking. Enjoy 🍓🍫🍰
All recipes are below, this cake is vegan, dairy free, eggless – perfect for anyone with dietary restrictions.
❤️ Help this channel grow ❤️ like 👍 subscribe 👍share 👍 donate: PayPal tip jar:
Products I use (affiliate links):
🍰 Cake Scraper:
🍦 PIPING TIPS:
🌸 FLOWER NAILS:
🎨 Professional dropper colours:
🎨 Gel colours:
👑 Edible gold lustre:
🔌 Stand Mixer:
🎂 CAKE PANS:
✨full recommended tools list:
RECIPES AND INSTRUCTIONS
Vegan swiss roll cake recipe:
You can use any other swiss roll recipe if you prefer.
200g plain or all purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
200g dairy free margarine or spread
200g granulated sugar
4 tsp Orgran no egg or other egg replacer
180ml coconut water or tap water
1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 150C fan (160C or 320F conventional) and line a 10×14″ or similar rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
1. Whisk together the spread and sugar until fluffy and combined
2. Add the egg replacer and coconut water, and whisk in well. It does not matter if the mixture appears a little curdled at this stage.
3. Add all of the remaining ingredients and whisk for 30-60s or until smooth and light. Don’t overbeat to avoid dense streaks of gluten throughout your cake.
4. Pour into your prepared tray and spread evenly.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Set aside to cool.
Note: this cake recipe is delicate and moist, take extra care when assembling to keep it intact. Over baking may result in a drier cake that could crack when rolled.
This is a fresh fruit filling, lightly sweetened & accented with a hint of balsamic vinegar, which goes great with strawberries. You could use strawberry jam or preserves instead if you wish.
400g fresh or frozen strawberries, hulled
1/3 cup or 80ml water
2 tsp balsamic vinegar (important for flavour)
1/2 cup or 100g granulated sugar (or more to taste, depending on how sweet your strawberries are)
4 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch in the US)
1. Dissolve the cornflour in some of the water, stirring well to ensure no lumps.
2. Reserve 8 strawberries as a garnish, then put all the remaining ingredients into a saucepan.
3. Bring to a boil while stirring and mashing the strawberries with a fork or stick blender. Taste and adjust sweetness if necessary.
4. Cook until glossy, translucent and thickened.
5. Pour and spread onto the roll cake, then allow to cool completely until the filling is set.
Coconut whipped cream:
You could use 300ml regular or soy whipping cream instead.
150g coconut milk powder (65% fat – buy here: )
150ml hot water
1. Mix together using a blender until completely dissolved and smooth.
2. Chill in a bowl until cool.
3. Whip for 60s or so using a whisk, until thickened and falls from the spoon in soft dollops (soft or medium peak stage)
Assembling the vertical roll cake:
This is the secret to getting vertical stripes or layers when you cut the cake.
1. Split the cake into 3 even strips as shown.
2. Cut the backing paper into strips using scissors too, for ease of assembly.
3. Spread the cream thinly onto one strip
4. Carefully roll up the strip of cake using the paper backing to help you.
5. Transfer to a cake board or plate as shown.
6. Coat edges in cream then add further layers of cake, building up the spiral shape.
7. Coat lightly with remaining cream then chill well before coating in chocolate.
Pouring Chocolate recipe:
200g dark chocolate
3-4 tbsp sunflower oil, or as required
1. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof jug or bowl
2. Add oil and mix well until the mixture is shiny and runs off the spoon quickly & easily.
3. Pour over the cake which is set on a wire rack, ensuring all the sides are coated too.
4. Shake to remove excess, decorate with strawberry halves, then chill until set.
5. Scrape up excess chocolate (you can save this and re-melt to use on another cake or dessert if you wish).
this video was not sponsored. If you purchase using my affiliate links, I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my channel!