I hope you enjoyed the video, like, comment below with suggestions, and subscribe for more videos!
Follow me on social media!
Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
2.5 tbsp cane sugar
1 tbsp melted coconut oil or Earth Balance (vegan butter)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch sea salt
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup + 1/2 Tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips, melted
2 chopped squares dark chocolate (for middle)
Vegan ice cream or coconut cream for topping
Raspberry syrup for topping (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter two standard size muffin tins with dairy-free butter and coat with cocoa powder – shake out excess.
2) Add the almond milk and vinegar to a small mixing bowl and mix. Let rest for a few minutes to activate.
3) Add the sugar, oil, vanilla, and beet puree and whisk until foamy. 4) Then add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until no large lumps remain.
5) Finally, add the melted semisweet chocolate and mix once more.
6) Divide the batter evenly between the two muffin tins – it should come up about to the top, which is OK. Break up one square of the dark chocolate and push it down into the centers of the cakes.
7) Cover with batter using a spoon. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the edges have pulled away slightly and the top no longer appears wet. 8) It’s okay if it’s a little fudgy, but you definitely do not want undercooked cake.
9) Let rest in the pan/tin for 4-5 minutes before removing. Then gently loosen the edges with a butter knife and top with a cutting board or plate and carefully invert. Gently transfer to serving plates. 10) Serve warm with coconut whipped cream or vegan ice cream. 1
Other garnishes might include a dusting of cocoa powder, powdered sugar, fresh berries, fresh mint or edible flowers.
Thanks for watching!